Back in 1946, two brothers, Louis and John Watson, and their respective wives, Ellen and Mary, began making chocolates in the back room of their soda fountain and luncheonette on Delaware Avenue in Kenmore, NY. Using proven methods and recipes taken from their relatives, they quickly established a reputation for producing fine confections, albeit on a very limited scale. Whatever was produced was immediately sold in the front of their restaurant. Demand for their chocolates continued through the years, until Lou and Ellen's son Jim, who had joined the family business in 1971, decided to take the chocolate company separate in 1987. New retail and production facilities were added, and with the arrival of Jim's daughter, Whitney into the company in 1993, the Watson's Chocolates product line was greatly expanded, and five more stores were opened, bringing the total number of retail locations to eight. Corporate gift-giving and mail-orders blossomed through catalog sales. Today, our website gives us even greater exposure to those discriminating palates who demand Watson's Chocolates.
Three generations of Watsons oversee the daily operation of Watson's Chocolates to ensure that our many customers receive the same or better quality that has become the trademark of Watson's Chocolates since our humble beginning in 1946. Only the freshest, costliest, and purest ingredients are used in the creation of our products. No shortcuts are taken, no compromises are made. Our customer's satisfaction is our single most important priority. We guarantee it.
Watson's original Restaurant and Soda Fountain on Delaware Avenue, c. 1946